Thursday, March 29, 2012

Zagreb to Ljubljana train departing 18:10

Hi





In early-June I am flying from Dubrovnik to Zagreb, landing at 14:35h.





I%26#39;ve been checking a lot of schedules for trains from Zagreb to Ljubljana (leaving on the same day) and the one departing at 18:10 is well-timed for me I think.





There is only a few hours between arriving at Zagreb central station and this train departing, so my questions are:





1. Would I need to book this train ticket in advance of arriving in Zagreb?



2. If so, is there a website which allows me to do this?





Thanks in advance for any replies! (I realise that train-related questions aren%26#39;t exciting, but they are important to travellers.)




|||



Don’t think booking in advance will be necessary but check it out and book online with Croatia Railways travel agency (copy/paste this link)





www.zug.hr/index.php…







Fyi, Zagreb Airport shuttle bus will take you straight to Zagreb central bus station, so bus ride to Ljubljana might be an option too.




|||



Zagrebresident,





Thank you for that information.





I will take the %26#39;risk%26#39; and not book a train ticekt in advance. Probably a good idea anyway, just in case my flight is delayed for some reason.





I had looked into the option of taking a bus, and checked a few bus timetables online, but there didn%26#39;t seem to be a ZAG-LJU bus departing in the late afternoon/early evening which fitted with my flight arrival time. But it may be a different situation when I get there - I will see!




|||



You are welcome.





Yes, it looks the last bus departure to Ljubljana is 14.25 according to Zagreb bus station site.





But hey, if you miss the bus and the train is fully booked, there is always the option to stay overnight in Zagreb :)




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment