Tuesday, March 27, 2012

(Dubrovnik+Split) vs Lake Como

Hi,





I%26#39;m planning a solo trip to Europe this August, and I have 4 or 5 days to fill between Naples/Amalfi Coast and Switzerland. I had been planning to just train up through Rome and spend a few days around Lake Como, but it just occurred to me that Dubrovnik is just across the Adriatic and this would be a good chance to jog over and see it.





So, my question is:





Naples-Rome-Como-Geneva (all by train), or



Naples-Bari-(ferry)-Dubrovnik-(ferry)-Split-(fly)-Geneva?





Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!





Thanks,



BC



PS I have been to Italy/Italian Switz (Lake Maggiore and Lugano) and N. Croatia (Plitvice and Rab Island) before. If you think either of my current itin options would duplicate my past travels, let me know and I%26#39;ll choose the other one :)




|||



Well, I%26#39;d always go for the ferry option - you can move around, be under cover or on deck, visit the bar or restaurant and frankly, sailing up the Adriatic coast between Dubrovnik and Split is fantastic. Very relaxing, a real chill-out, great islands and other scenery. Some companies run cheap flights between Split and Geneva as well (EasyJet is one of them).




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment