Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dubrovnik to Rome

We are travelling to Croatia in June, 2008 and our holiday finishes in Dubrovnik. We must then return to Rome to fly home.Has anyone taken the overnight ferry from Dubrovnik to Bari and then the train to Rome? Please give me any advice about this journey and should I buy the train tickets before leaving home?




|||



I am doing the opposite. Coming in from Rome to Dubrovnik in late May. I am flying on Croatia Airlines and got a $99 one way ticket from a U.S. Based service (you can only buy these tickets at this special price in the U.S.). The flight is only one hour. Beats a long ferry ride in my opinion.




|||



Thanks for your reply. I couldn%26#39;t find a cheap flight from Dubrovnik to Rome. Flights were about double the ferry so you are lucky. Guess it will be an experience. Hope we see some nice scenery from the train. Still dont know if I need to book before leaving.




|||





Hello Natalie54, Camberra





I have seen your poste and althogh I can help you exactly on what you need, at least I can give you this information: you can contact the Ship Company Jadrolinija wich makes the line Dubrovnik - Bari and ask them other informations about the train to Rome and etc. etc.



The contact is: E-Mail: passdept h@jadolinija.hr





Hope help you





Joaquim Afonso





Lisbon - Portugal




|||



Ferries from Dubrovnik to Bari include Jadrolinija and Azzurra Line. Train details online at www.trenitalia.com and you can pre-book the tickets on line.





It is worth having a cabin on the ferry otherwise I find it is difficult to get any sleep.




|||



Thank you very much to those people who took the time to help with my inquiry. I have booked the ferry and will email Jadolinja as suggested to find out more about the train.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, September 18, 2009

1 comment:

  1. I like totally and agree. And I think that in order to be comfortable with your style is to wear it more often. So wear your style to the lab on days that you don't have to do anything bloody, muddy or otherwise gross!
    rent a boat dubrovnik



    ReplyDelete