Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Single female travelling to Split & Dubrovnik

I am in my 30%26#39;s and will be a single traveller staying in Split for 4 nights and Dubrovnik for 3 nights the end of May. I have read I might draw attention being a solo traveller and blonde and wonder like to know if I should be cautious of certain areas. I am so excited about my trip. Thank you for any feedback. Also, as this is my first time visiting, I welcome any suggestions on site seeing, where to go to the beach, restaurants, and really hope to experience the night life here as well.




|||



I am sure a NYC girl can take care of herself in tiny cities like Split and Dubrovnik. There are hundreds of tourists at that time and there are hundreds of blonds all over so really no reason to worry.




|||



Actually I think you will be fine. There are quite a lot of blonde women in Croatia - I have dark curly hair and probably stand out more. Get a guide book and it should point out the areas to avoid.




|||



Hi,



there are no areas to avoid; just find some accommodation in center, stay close to Riva and bars such as Pulse, Fluid and Ga-ga... /Fruit Square/ or close to Golden Gate (Tik) in Diokletian%26#39;s Palace; I am sure that you wont have any problems...



have a great time and take a %26quot;good%26quot; look on our guys ;-)



jeanne




|||



I don%26#39;t think you have anything to worry about. We honeymooned in Croatia and went to Dubrovnik, Korcula, Hvar, and Split (briefly). You won%26#39;t see as many American tourists as other places, but it is a huge destination for all Europeans and lots of Scandenavians, I don%26#39;t think blonde hair will stand out at all! Also my American friends when I tell them we went to Croatia unless they are big travelers always seem to have the impression it isn%26#39;t safe. In fact I felt safer in all areas of Croatia than almost anywhere else I have traveled, including NYC. I%26#39;d take the normal precautions of being a single female anywhere (basically don%26#39;t be stupid) and you shouldn%26#39;t have a problem.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 20, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment