Tuesday, March 27, 2012

apartments in Dubrovnik

I was having a hard time finding a hotel that I liked for June in Dubrovnik and was thinking about trying to rent an apartment for the three days we would be there. Is it a good or bad idea to go that route or should I try and stick with hotels?






|||



Oh, man. There are so many reasons why I personally avoid hotels - won%26#39;t go into that here - it could take ages! I prefer B%26amp;B%26#39;s and apartments for their intimacy and charm and far fewer people. My husband and I have to stay in hotels for business trips (and have stayed in some pretty spanky ones) but on vacation we never do. We also like to get far off the beaten path.





One apartment in Dubrovnik I can recommend is just over a block from the old town centre with no steps. It is called Dubrovnik Dream and the apartment we rented is called Ragusa Room. The proprietor is very friendly and helpful. He even left roses for us! I believe it was only 50 euros.




|||



Thank you very much for the info. I%26#39;m going to look into that for sure.




|||



You are very welcome. I should have mentioned before that hotel vs. other is a very personal choice. I do not want to sway you in either direction but just wanted to let you know that there are some really great apartments out there! :)




|||



I second the apartment. I have stayed inside and outside the walls and staying up above the old town with that view is amazing.




|||



I looked at the apartment that you recommended and it looked really nice. I was also wondering if you had any recommended apartments in Hvar town.




|||



It is nice. The only drawback is there is no view BUT there are gorgeous views from all over town. It is located in a courtyard in a former convent, I believe. There is also a little almost-hidden bay very close that you can check out. We spent a lot of time there. We were able to hear the waves crashing at night - such a wonderful sound!





The only apartment I can personally recommend in Hvar town is http://www.hvar.hr/gilve/eng/index.htm. It is new and the best thing (in my opinion) is the location - well treed, lovely views and very close to the water. I cannot recall the price but I am guessing 60-75 euros. If this does not suit you I have a short list of other places that we have not stayed at but that we researched.




|||



Here%26#39;s another rec for Hvar.



http://dalmacija.net/hvar/scepanovic/



The photos do not do it justice. It is in a suburb with a small grocery store. From some of the balconies you can see the sea (the little island in one of the pics). Short walk to old town. Immaculate and a nice family lives below.





Most places home pages have accommodation links.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment