Tuesday, March 27, 2012

1st Time to Croatia: 4 days in Zagreb?

Hello,





Does anyone have any advice for a first time visitor to Croatia? I fly into Zagreb on May 1st and fly out of Zagreb on May 5th. We are thinking about renting a car and driving around the northwest part of the country.





Or should we go to split? Or is Dubrovnik an absolute must see?





Approx. How much is renting a car?





Any and all advice is appreciated!



Thanks,



Phil




|||



Hi,



I think that Dubrovnik is a bit too far if you only have four days.



What I would suggest:



one day visiting Samobor region and Zumberacko Gorje



find-croatia.com/natureparks-croatia/zumbera…



http://www.kroatien.hr/English/Destinacije/Opcenito.aspx?idDestination=451%26amp;idProperty=16)





the second day you could for example go to the sea and drive 3 hours to the island of Pag (bridged), spend the night there and go back towards Zagreb the day after stopping at Plitvice lakes national park to visit.





This is what I would do... or maybe spa...?




|||



I agree. Dubrovnik is an absolute must see in my opinion (more so than Zagreb) but with your time constraints save it for your next trip to Croatia (I know there will be a nex time).





Renting a car is a good idea. I cannot imagine doing it any other way myself. I cannot recall how much it was to rent last time we were there - sorry.





There are lots of gorgeous little hilltowns in Istria if you are interested in that direction.




|||



I mostly agree with jc zadar . Split and Dubrovnik would be too exhausting for such a short stay.



I would give up Pag too for this time of the year.



Just stay north- I would add Varaždin - the baroque town and Čakovec, both with old Zrinski castles.



The Hrvatsko Zagorje and Međimurje are beautiful continental regions, there are also several thermal water resorts.



I hope somebody else will help answering about rental companies.




|||



Yes,Chef, I forgot Istria, it would be easy by car, and could be combined with Plitvice NP.




|||



autoescape.com is known for offering good rates, I never tried it myself.




|||



Check to see how much it would cost for a flight to Dubrovnik and back from Zagreb. I would think it would be worth the look.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:14 am, March 16, 2008


|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, September 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment