Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Need apt in Hvar Town for 3 nights Aug 11-14 2006

My girlfriend and I are looking for an affordable place to rent for 3 nights in the high season. We want to stay as close to Hvar town as possible. Please help? Is it ok to arrive in Hvar town without a reservation anywhere at that time and expect to find something? Thanks.




|||



Hi,



I arrived in Hvar without reservations and had no problem finding a place. Many people meet you at the dock and offer rooms for rent. I stayed in a beautiful private residence close in and only paid the equiv of $16 per night.


3 nights is a long time unless you want to just relax.




|||



are you sure i can arrive even in august?




|||



yes,you%26#39;d probably be ok just turning up,but if you know your dates you may as well book.i stayed at a reallly clean and friendly hostel www.greenlizard.hr It was about a 8/9 leisurely walk from centre,but it was such a beautiful walk anyway.when you look at it on a map it looks miles out,and is a lot further if you walk on the road,but when you get there they tell you a real shortcut that goes down some steps and along the seafront.highly recommended!




|||



I would contact dalmatia.net


They have been very helpful with our accomadations for this summer.




|||



Hi dole98665



Do you remember the name of the private residence that you stayed ay? Or have a website for them? we are going mid July for 3 nights and looking for somewhere in Hvar Town




|||



Be careful of Dalmatia.net. I booked an apartment in Split through them. They required a 10 euro deposit which would be applied to my final balance to the apartment owner. When I arrive to the apartment to pay the owner the owner says that Dalmatia.net charges a 10 euro payment for their booking service and that this is never used to pay the apartment owner. I contacted Dalmatia.net to let them know about the discrepency and they never returned my email.




|||



Hi there





I was in Hvar last year in August and I stayed in the place below. I can%26#39;t actually remember exactly how much it was but it think it was around 350 euro for the week - that was between two.This was alot lot cheaper than any of the hotels in Hvar, they are very expensive.





Anyway myself and my boyfriend really loved this mini villa. It was clean comfortable and you had your own terrace to sit on with a fabulous view. It was perfect location wise - its very peaceful and quiet but literally 2 minutes walk from the centre of hvar. (The only thing is I wouldn%26#39;t reccommend it for very elderly or disabled people as it MAY be a tiny bit steep on the way up - its sort of on a little hill. but it would be fine for most people) The woman who owns the villa lives just next door - and she is a lovely lady. Very friendly and very helpful but also unintrusive. I%26#39;d highly recommend this place. We had our own cooker and made breakfast every morning and sat on the terrace and enjoyed the view!If I go to Hvar again in the future i will definitely stay here. If you don%26#39;t like this particular apartment though there are plenty of others to choose from on this site and they are all very reasonably priced.





Check out : http://www.hvar.hr/kairos/eng/index.htm





By the way I would definitely make sure you pre book your accomodation in high season. You may very well find somewhere but I wouldn%26#39;t like to take the risk of being stranded if everywhere is booked up! - which could be the case!





Best of luck with the trip!




|||



@ dole - hahahaha





%26quot;3 nights is a long time unless you want to just relax%26quot;





I think that you haven%26#39;t seen anything except carpe diem and veneranda.





on this island you could stay few months and you could not see everything ;)





I live here 30 yrs and every day I find something new I didn%26#39;t realise before.





I will write one topic about the things too see and to do on island of Hvar. Soon...




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment