Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Help local travel

Hi,



I am visiting Croatia on bussiness in March. Can anyone please tell me how to plan my local travel. Is public transport frequent and dependable? I need to go to dubrovnik. My flight is to split from london luton. How do I travel from split to dubrovnik? any advice appreciated. Thanks




|||



rent a car and have fun. GPS option is great since you can%26#39;t get lost. Public transport is just a waist of your time




|||



Well, public transport from Split to Dubrovnik is frequent and dependable (see the timetable here: www.ak-split.hr ), but you%26#39;d need to get from the airport to the bus station (you can take a taxi, which might be expensive or you can take a bus to the center of the city, although I don%26#39;t know where in the center it stops - see here: www.plesoprijevoz.hr ).




|||



The airport bus stops just around the harbour from the bus station, but I tend to agree that hiring a car is probably the easiest although I have never found the need for a sat nav in Croatia as there are so few roads and these are well signposted. The downside of a car is parking in Dubrovnik, but most hotels have a few spaces for guests and in March it will not be too busy.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, September 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment