Tuesday, April 24, 2012

4 Full Days In Dubrovnik - What To See, Where To Stay

I%26#39;m travelling solo to Dubrovnik this coming September; it%26#39;s my first visit and I%26#39;ll be spending 4 full days there. I%26#39;m on a pretty tight budget and haven%26#39;t yet booked my accommodation. Preferably, I%26#39;m looking for somewhere that%26#39;s either in the Old Town itself or right nearby - basic, but hopefully with a breakfast thrown in and somewhere that%26#39;ll pick me up from the airport as my flight doesn%26#39;t arrive until mid-late evening on a Sunday. I%26#39;m looking to pay somewhere between 35-50 euros per night for a single room, if possible. Any recommendations? Also, are there any cheap food shops (ie. supermarkets etc) in Dubronik Old Town or nearby as I%26#39;ll be buying my food that way and not eating out much.



Also, with 4 full days to fill, what kind of itinery would you recommend. Any easy, accessible day trips for instance? Places of interest nearby? and some off-the-beaten-track places as well. Like I say, I%26#39;m on a pretty tight budget so any help and advice would be welcome.



Thanks!




|||



I went to Dubrovnik on a budget in 2005. Once you get to the city there%26#39;s loads of little old ladies offering rooms (sobe) right inside the old town really cheap.





They%26#39;re basic and usually have shared bathroom but you%26#39;ll be in a prime location and it will save you money. Make sure you negotiate a price first though- it%26#39;s helpful to learn a bit of the lingo to help with this.





I%26#39;d reccommend walking the city walls and a day trip to the little island just over the water- begins with a L!





Have fun




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment